Candidates for this diploma must supply the prerequisites at the time of entry. Please check the syllabus and ensure that you understand the conditions of entry. Prerequisites (pg. 8), alongside more important information can be found in the syllabus.
No substitutions for candidates are allowed. Once a candidate is entered the fee is non-refundable, and non-transferable.
Candidates must have already passed one of the following:
• Grade 5 theory (LCM Theory of Music or Popular Music Theory, ABRSM, TCL or GSMD);
• GCSE or O level music (Grade C or above);
• CSE music (Grade 1);
• AS, A2 or A level music (Grade D or above);
• Scottish Certificate of Education (Standard or Higher);
• Junior or Leaving Certificate (Republic of Ireland).
Other qualifications may be considered on application to the Chief Examiner in Music.